Part 2 of 3. You might want to first read PART 1.
In PART 1 of this series I shared about the youth minister who wrote on (hopefully) a friend’s very dirty SUV the message:
“I wish my wife was this dirty!”
I talked about how this type of behavior was damaging to the effort to witness for the Kingdom.
But, this was a “FAIL!” on other levels, as well.
It was a huge FAIL! in terms of having a Biblical understanding of marriage and sex.
Let’s take a quick look…
What was implied by this message? That the writer might not be satisfied with his marital love life and wished that his spouse was “dirtier” in the bedroom. What could he have meant by that?
- He wanted more desire for sex on the part of his wife?
- He wanted more passionate encounters?
- He wanted less restraint/inhibition?
- He wanted less “proper-ness” in the bedroom?
This perpetuates one of Satan’s 1,000+ year old lies: That sex is “dirty”, especially if it’s “done right”. That there is something sinful about desiring sex for any reason other than having kids.
Wait a minute, God INVENTED sex. God INVENTED marriage.
In fact, the Bible encourages wild, passionate sex…within God’s Safe Zone.
- Proverbs 5:18-19 tells us to rejoice (together with our wife) in sexual pleasure. We are to be “drunk” with passion.
- Song of Solomon describes two (married) lovers who are extremely passionate and incorporate sensuality in their intimate relationship.
- Paul wrote to the Corinthians that both husbands and wives had God-designed sexual desires that were to be met.
There is nothing wrong with the Youth Minister (or any other married Christian) to desire a loving, passionate love life. That is what God intends, each to their own desires.
But, when the Youth Minister wrote “I wish my wife was this dirty!” he was perpetuating Satan’s lie that robs so many couples of the happiness and pleasure that God intended for husbands and wives to have, physically and emotionally.
And that, to me, earns this prankster (who is also a minister) a great big
Share your thoughts!
What do you think of this “joke”?
You might also want to read these other posts:
- Marriage: God’s Safe Zone
- SEX: What Was God THINKING???!!! Part I – Design
- SEX: What Was God THINKING???!!! Part II – Genesis 1-3 & The World’s Best Sex
- SEX: What Was God THINKING???!!! Part III – Proverbial Wisdom!
- SEX: What Was God THINKING???!!! Part IV – A SONG OF…EQUALITY
- SEX: What Was God THINKING???!!! Part V – Sex & The Gospels: Marriage
Click on the workbook image to purchase the
|Click on the image to request information hosting a
Knights’ Quest seminar.
Or you can contact me at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on the iTunes Image on the left to subscribe to the
SEX, KIDS, & THE INTERNET™ Podcast!!!